Australia Post will make every attempt to deliver your parcel. If a parcel is too big to be left in a mailbox, and no one's at the address when we attempt to deliver it, we'll:
- check for special delivery instructions provided
- look for a suitable Safe Drop location (if a signature isn't required and the delivery instructions allow).
Signature on delivery items
If it's a signature on delivery item, we'll leave the parcel in a safe spot only where:
- the sender has waived our requirement to capture a signature, and
- the recipient has accepted an invitation to authorise Safe Drop through MyPost
If these options aren't possible, our delivery person will take the parcel to a local Post Office to be collected.
You'll be notified by card, email or SMS to let you know where and when you can collect your item.
Have you registered for MyPost?
The best way to have parcels delivered at your convenience is to register for MyPost to use a 24/7 Parcel Locker or Post Office (Parcel Collect) address.
Then simply have senders address your parcels to this address for you to collect at your convenience.
Once your parcel has been picked up by a Couriers Please Franchisee, you will receive an email notification advising that your parcel is on its way. You will then be given four options to change your delivery instructions if you will not be available at the address you originally advised.
- Rescheduling to another date within 3 days of delivery notification
- Delivery to a nominated neighbor within 3 houses in either direction of the original delivery address
- Delivery to a conveniently located CP POPPoint (POPStation Parcel Locker or POPShop Retail Outlet) as outlined below
- Delivery to a different address within the same metro area as the original delivery address
- Authority to Leave the goods at the original delivery address, without a signature
With CP's innovative Delivery Choices, you need never miss a delivery again!